The Benefits and Risks of Participating in COVID-19 Clinical Trials
- The benefits of participating in COVID-19 clinical trials may include the following:
- The opportunity to access new treatments or vaccines that are not yet available to the public.
- Access to healthcare treatments and close monitoring with medical professionals.
- Helping contribute to scientific knowledge and develop treatments representative of many different patient populations.
- The risks of participating in COVID-19 clinical trials include the following:
- The treatment or vaccine may not be effective or prevent the spread of the disease.
- The treatment or vaccine may cause unwanted side effects that may cause adverse health outcomes.
- The clinical trial may require more patient visits to medical facilities for monitoring.
- Unexpected effects or risks may occur.